Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Puppies and Memories.

Upon coming home from the Walmart with some groceries, I was greeted by 8 sets of canine eyes and waggly tails. All wanting to go out and run in the snow. I walked through the early dusk, knee deep in snow, with pups nipping at the tabs on my muck boots. The yard being fenced we did not wonder far but in circles. Suddenly I was a child again making the circle and pie wedges for the game The Fox and the Hens. I was the only hen and 6 of the 8 dogs were the foxes. It turns out they cheat! They did not stay on the paths for long. The mutts cut across the wedges to get at me and did not care if I was safe in the "Hen House" center. I got mugged anyway. As I was the youngest of the 5 children in our family, I never did win, it seems I still won't. Not if I play with 3 puppies and 3 grown dogs. Oh well, fun is fun.
Pax Christi.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I can say with 99% certainty that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory gets cheaper, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.livejournal.com/491.html]r4i ds[/url] DS SeKu)

zilram said...

I truly wish that, in my life time my brain learns how to access what is in there. If my husband’s brain is a “slow” computer, my brain must still be using papyrus.

I'm not sure we want true memories recorded on disk. I may wish to remember myself better than memory would show.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking everywhere for this! Finally I found your post on Google.

Thanks.

BEATRIS
[url=http://bighairblog.gunlog.net/]click here[/url]