Friday, July 27, 2007

As Ash. Turns (a dia-blog series)

As we last “clicked into” the old fart and fart-et they were discussing the paper and switches in the “utility room”…

Pop: Quit’n time! I’m tired.
Babka: Me too. The papering that should have taken a few hours took all day. Let’s go eat.
~~~OK.

After a shower and supper the NSD duo (Not-so-dynamic-duo) are relaxing in front of the TV watching one of their favorite shows, Holmes on Homes when the phone rings…

Babka: Helloooo

Mike: Hi, I’m thinking that we need to take one of the chairs out of the living room. You two seen to be relaxing too much.

~~We were just trying to make the place a bit homey for your weeks up here. You going South this week end?

~~I’ll be real tired, but I’ll make the effort. The warehouse is all cleaned up and back to normal. Everything is back in place. I got hit with a bunch of trucks just as I finished up, so the lawn is not mowed yet but the tractor is by the door. I’m keeping all the papers for Mom so don’t use the good pages for painting.

~~ That’s good. How do you like the wallpaper?

~~What paper?

~~ In the utility room!

~~Oh! I didn’t even notice. Just walked right through. Well you can see all the seams, there is a spot up in the corner where the paint is showing through, I can see where all the nails are, ….

~~ (making faces at the phone) Other than that, how do you like it? (sarcastic) Don’t hold back. Just say what you think. (grrrr)

~~I’m not kidding. I can see where all the nails are, and there is a big dirty spot right here by the light switch, by the kitchen, and another one by the door frame.

~~(call waiting beeps) Mike I have a call coming in.

~~ I’ll wait

~~ Oh goody. (Switch to other call) Hello? Hello Carmen. I have been wondering how your chemo has been going. Just a minute I have a call on the other line. (Switch) Mike I have to take this other call…

~~ As I was saying I got the warehouse all cleaned up and I’m going to see Mom this weekend. You don’t need this phonebook do you?

~~No I don’t. Take it with you. Have a good rest tonight…

~~ I’m not kidding. You can put your finger on each of the nails. I can feel them trying to make their way out…

~~Mike! I have to take this call!

Will Babka get to talk to Carmen? Will she smack mike next time she sees him? Is she wishing that Popo had left the switch plates off? Do you give a *@^^ ^? Click in next time and find out….
~~~Or Not…

1 comment:

R. Glipglorp said...

"...and now, a word from our sponsor:

Eat Babka's Polski Kielbasa! Prepared from only the finest cuts of Eastern European świnia and świnia by-products, you'll love every last bite. It's so good, you'll exclaim "Nie mogę w to uwierzyć!" every time you eat.

What are you waiting for? Get down to your local sklep and pick up Babka's Polski Kielbasa today!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program..."