Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Nothing Simple part 2

OK, what was I thinking, posting specifics like when we are getting the truck and loading it. Now, they are planning to get the truck, load it and drive to Sycamore Valley on Sunday the 15th. Claire is 80 years old. I think it a bit much to pack a truck drive 5 hours and unpack the frozen stuff all on one Sunday. Good I don't have to do it. Well, I will help load the truck.

Today we moved a ton of gravel. We dug out a walkway from the house to the shop, put in some 4x4s, put down plastic and filled the hole with a ton of the 20 tons of gravel we ordered. The rest has been put at the base of the steps of our really cool deck. Our deck is too cool. You all need to come and spend some time with us and enjoy the yard and fire pit.

Last week we took out the front sidewalk and put in stepping stones. we also mulched and planted the flower bed out front.
Laura is still in China. Have not heard how she is doing. Please, keep her in your prayers.

Popo is not wanting to move, again. I wish he would make up my mind.
We'll just have to see what happens after we sell my father's house. That is not going to be simple. I have to get "Temporary Power of Attorney" from 5 people and a "Quit-Claim Deed" from Claire. Then spruce up the house, list it, accept a good bid then close. What fun? I might be wrong, but, I'm pretty sure that is why Popo does not want to think about moving ourselves yet. Well, maybe next year.

God Bless You ALL.

4 comments:

maz said...

I don't know how you two old geezers do it. When you bought it, I remembered your house only as that old place by Dead Man's Curve. Now the curve is straightened and the house is gorgeous. Crackin' work, kids!

I gotta get me a Marvin.

Love,
MAZ

zilram said...

You want this one? (Smile)

Anonymous said...

looooooooooove the deck and the house.
love
addie

R. Glipglorp said...

Indeed, the deck is awesome. Fire pit? That sounds fun!