Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pop & His Knees

It has been a while since I posted. With the loss of my good friend, and the holidays, and Pop's knee, and subbing, I just did not feel like it. I'm feeling much better now.

Pop & His Knees,

As some of you know, Pop has had trouble with his knees sot a while. Some 20 years ago he had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. Surgery was being scheduled for the left knee when I went to a prayer service at Mary’s Farm in Falmouth, KY. I placed a little slip of paper in the request box that said “Marv’s Knee”. Along with my getting to see the miracle of the sun, the pain left Pop’s knee that day and has never come back.

Too bad I did not say “Marv’s knees” because Pop has been having some real trouble with his right knee. Last summer he had arthroscopic surgery on that knee again. It did not work, leading to partial knee replacement on Feb. 13th. He is doing very well. The Doc says that he can drive now but not more than 20 minutes. Also, Pop may work in the shop, but must get off the knee as soon as it starts to hurt. He has therapy 3 days a week for 4 more weeks, then Pop is off and running. He plans to be involved in lots of Civil War things this summer.

If you wish to see the pictures of Pop’s surgery, Check out our Flickr site. http://www.flickr.com/photos/70601876@N00/

Pax & Be God’s

3 comments:

Sci-Fi Laura said...

Bionic Pop! They can make him better, stronger... They never showed the healing time on the TV show. I love the snow pictures. Hugs.

R. Glipglorp said...

Really, the JRT's need to FEAR Bionic Pop. Glad to hear things are better!

Anonymous said...

hi
just checking in, Happy easter and hope you are good, best wishes for healing, take care, best to all.
love
addy and co Iceland