Friday, May 9, 2008

Michigan

Nothing like a few days alone to create in a person a need to create something to fill a hollow. With the kid/s busy and gone, and myself in St. Clair Shores dog sitting, the hollow seems a big empty crevasse. So, I fill it with TV (boring) and books and dog walks and shopping, and esp. a visit to Romeo and a visit with Christine. Christine is such an awesome friend. She listens, advises, shares and kicks my butt in the nicest possible way.

Come Saturday the 17th I may well be on my way to Hyettsville, MD. to get with Cousin Maryann to see what I can do to help her move. What a pain it is to move, esp. when you have been in a place for almost 2 decades. Actually I going to see what I can get, you know, that old stuff no one wants but a Civil War pack rat like myself.

I MISS getting to go to events. The dogs slow us down but the real problems are jobs, and gas prices, and no one to buy our house so we can move to Pebble Co., Ohio. The housing market is bad everywhere but in Ashtabula with 30% poverty, we would be lucky to get what we paid for the house, the $70,000 we spent in upgrading everything would just be lost. What a bite!
God sure must have a plan for us here, since He made the market so bad just to keep us in Ashtabula.

Pax and Love to all who reads this.
I cover you with the Blood of the Lamb.
Babka

1 comment:

R. Glipglorp said...

You know, you may just find a cannon in her attic.

And cannon balls. Seriously. :)