Wednesday, May 30, 2007

News bits from Babka and Popo

Life being what it is now-a-days; things have been rushing toward us, at us and passing us by at full throttle. There are many things we should have put before the eye of our friends and family before now. Many thousand apologies to all. Here are a few events since the sleep study:
1. I brought a pit bull puppy home from the APL. The sweet little thing had already been trained to be dog aggressive. She tried to eat Nipsy, Scooter, KZ and Sooty. Needless to say she went back with the suggestion that she be put down. You can not un-teach a thing like that.
2. I guess I felt I needed another dog because Laura is going to China this summer for a long time and we will not see her again until, maybe Thanksgiving.
3. Laura and John are still involved with the SciFi conventions. John was the “evil voice” for one of the Pod Casts.
4. I have been digitizing my little heart out. I have been working on a black squirrel for the people who own the Black Squirrel Bed and Breakfast at Put-in-Bay, Ohio. http://www.blacksquirrelbnb.com/ A great place to stay for a get-a-way.
5. Also, doing embroidery stuff for the APL.
6. We bartered two denim shirts with hot rods on the back for no less than 61 Civil War tiny pill bottles. These bottles were recovered from the wall of an apothecary of the period located in Geneva, Ohio. The pharmacist’s wife tossed them into a hole in the wall when they used up what was needed. Some of the bottles still have pills and corks in them, unfortunately no labels.
7. This week and next are the last two weeks of school up here. I have been getting lots of sub-jobs. I feel they must be running really short of handed.
8. We have been working on the yard, also, but the garden is not in. We’ll not be accused of jumping the gun this year. (Smile)
9. Popo got a new black powder reproduction at a yard sale. Happy Father's Day Pop!
10. Popo officially retired completely from the Home Depot. They would not even talk to him about being off for the Dayton V.A. event last weekend so he said, “I’ll make it easy for you. The 31st of May is my last day. I retire, and Ooh, I want the 31st of May off.” So Memorial Day will be memorable for more than one reason from now on.
11. Mike and Clare are moving stuff down to Sycamore Valley every other weekend, only the big stuff is left in the house and some things that were Dad’s.
12. Some few pictures are posted on Flicker of the Camp Dennison Event and Lake Erie.
12. Last but not lease, I have another sleep study thing tonight. Wish me luck!

God Bless to all. Pray for my friend Melody. We selfishly want her song to continue further in this world.

1 comment:

R. Glipglorp said...

The Black Squirrel looks like a cool B&B, scoping out their site...