Saturday, October 6, 2007

Saturday before Sunrise

Sleeping well, enjoying the freedom of getting the quilt top finished, and getting my eyes checked; I was rudely jolted awake before sunrise with the sound of three shotgun blasts. I run to the window to see whats going of at such an hour. What do I see(after asking myself what the hell I'm doing)? DUCK hunters, equipped with 30 fake geese and ducks, huge blinds, canoes and goose calls! Now they are but 50 to 100 feet away from the shore. Soon, the whole neighborhood is up and watching. Kids are fishing from peers, boaters are floating by at all angles. Does this make them leave, well not until after noon. This can't be legal! I could not see anyway that they could shoot with out chancing hitting someone or thing.

Pray, pray, pray!
Pax, Babka

No comments: