Friday, October 5, 2007

What a Friday.

The sunrise was cool and sweet, the air fresh and warm, all in all a wonderful day to be outside. However, I was in the basement until eleven finishing the quilt top. At 11:30 the dog and I went for a nice walk. At noon I left for my 2:20 eye appointment. At 12:45 I found the place, then went down by the lake to eat and visit with the local shop keepers.

My eyes are "actually very healthy for your age. The problem you are having is due to your last birthday." What a nice way to say get use to it lady, you're old. Anyway, I have new glasses and eye drops.

While killing time waiting for my $300 glasses (with discount), I was looking around Sears when I got a call from Pop. His Sister, Joann, called. Her son (only 50) died suddenly. His wife came home and he was dead on the floor. How awful is that?

When I got back to the house, it was dark and I could not see the numbers on the alarm pad. Well, I did not get the alarm disarmed in time. I was on the phone with a friend when the police showed up. I had to give them my drivers license and show them I had a key to the house, which they tried out to be sure it worked. This all is funny except I don't feel in a funny mood what with Pop's call and all.

So please pray for David and his family.
Remember to pray for your own family too.
Pax, Babka

No comments: