Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wednesday in Michigan

Today was a lovely day. Worked on the OVCWA quilt until I needed a second opinion, so I called Chris in Romeo, MI who came to my aide. She drove down and we spent the rest of the afternoon together. We rearranged the quilt blocks and made some decisions. After eating at the Cracker Barrel (on Tom) we both got migraine-ish head aches. Strange that we both got them because she had chicken pot pie and coffee and I had apple chicken and tea. There must have been some flavoring on the chicken, I guess.

The headaches did not get too bad and did not last long. They went away while we were in JoAnn Fabrics getting batting and backing for the quilt, well ... pretty much went away. From there we stopped into see her daughter, who worked near by. She works for a dentist who's office is in a shopping plaza, ssOOO, we, of course, needed to check out some stores. I found some picture frames imported from China by Zima Imports. I got two for $4.00. I also got a couple of jackets.

Every day I have been taking the dog for a walk. It is interesting to note that there are as many homes for sale here as in Ashtabula. The yards are about the size of my living room but are neatly kept. Heaven forbid there be a WEED in the grass. There are the usual flower and shrub types, save one. In many yards you will find milk-weed plants tucked in with the inpatients and mums. I thought it very strange, unless they all have a thing for milk-weed pods.

Another interesting thing is the tiny size of most of the homes. Many look like 4 room ranches with no basement. Then you would see a sprawling modern thing with a limo parked in the drive, which took up any lawn there might have been, front and back. And, all the homes on the lake front have NO TRESPASSING and PRIVATE PROPERTY and MY DOG CAN GET TO THE FENCE IN 3 SECONDS, CAN YOU signs all over. Friendly people here.(not) Really I can see why the signs are there. If not, they would have everyone in their back yard swimming or fishing.

I tried out my new camera some. Samples are on my Flickr site.

Well that's all the news I have for today. Remember to talk to God today. He may be wondering why He has not heard from you lately.
Pax, Babka

4 comments:

R. Glipglorp said...

Zima Imports?

Isn't it a bit... incestuous... for you to buy from them? :)

zilram said...

Don't we support our family first?

R. Glipglorp said...

Don't tell me that means you drink Zima.

zilram said...

I hear it is great with lemon or cool aid.